We flew into Anchorage and "met" our motorcycles there! Friends had trailered them that far for us! The next day we went to see "Danali National Park"! WOW!!! It was AmAzInG!
We got to see alot of wild life!
At North Pole, Alaska :) Us ladies had SO much fun walking around and seeing ALL of the neat Christmas things! The reindeer were out back and were SO skinny! Holy cow, it'd scare kids to death! By them, there was a sign that said "Please do not feed! Reindeer are on a special diet" Ummm....WHAT? STARVATION????? Crazy! We threw them snacks anyway!!!
Chris, Libby & I are pretty small next to this BIG GUY!
Bear and Libby
This is when we crossed into Canada! They were the nicest people!!! EVERYWHERE we went they were very kind and curtious!
Everywhere in Canada there was road construction! It was unreal! BUT!, the scenery was WAY worth it all!!!
"Oh there's BEAUTY all around" These flowers are called "Fireweed". It grows ALL over the place in Canada! Absolutely beautiful!
We all loved the Yukon Territory! It was so remote and just little country towns!
We went back & forth from Alaska to Canada quite a few times over the first 10 days! I'm not really sure what Allan was doing with the big stick?!?!? Chris was not amused though!
At Haines we drove our bikes onto the ferry and headed to Skagway! It was such a pretty ride! So many waterfalls, cruise ships, and beautiful mountains! And the "Ferry Food" was pretty darn good too!!!!!
We had just got our bikes off of the Ferry and headed to our Motel.
SKAGWAY
At the HARLEY shop there! There is such a brotherhood with riders! They are always SO excited to see you, talk to you, and find out your story!!! While there the missionaries came by! It was fun to talk to them! They were both from UTAH! 1 from Ogden and the other from Provo :)
On our way out of Skagway the next day I seen this train way up on the hill! I thought it was such a pretty shot of it going over this waterfall.
Scenery along the way!
Back into the Yukon! Oh did we have an experience here!!!! A few of us had to go in to the bushes real quick ;)..... and when I dropped off of this little hill I heard some ruffling in the trees but just fugured it was a squirrel or something SMALL! When I was walking up out we heard yelling and gun shots! SCARED me to death! I thought they were shooting at ME! Then right down the road a black BEAR came running out of the trees and crossed the road right next to us! I had scared it down into these guys' camp and they were shooting into the air to scare it back out!!!! What a BEAR SCARE that was!!!!!
A little town called Carcross! It got its name because every year this is where the caribou cross . This Lake was so pretty there! We just had to hang out there for awhile and take it all in!!!!!
Bear begging "Mum" !
It was too cloudy for us to see the Northern Lights.... :( So we went to an IMAX show about them that was FaNtAsTiC!!!!!
This Sign Forest was unbelievable! We had read about it but had NO IDEA it was this HUGE!
Jerry & Bear hanging up our sign I had made
We seen Buffalo all over the place! These signs would crack us up because the buffalo would be all around us and there would be 1 of these signs! We'd always yell, "YA THINK" :)
After being rained on for 4 days we were SO glad to get to these Hot Springs!!!! And were they HOT! WOW! But we loved it!!!! There was so much bright green foilage all over! Still smelled like rotten eggs now & then but we didn't even care! We just wanted to be WARM at that point!
This area was really deep and not too many people were there! So we sat and visited there for awhile and just relaxed!!!!
This guy was just right next to the road! Just watching the traffic go by!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy to Becky!
At Dawson Creek we got to see the actual "Mile 0" marker that begins the Alaskan Highway!
More waterfalls along our travels!
So many of these places just blew me away! It was like walking into a postcard!!!!!
On our way to the Columbian Icefield
You had to be on a special tour to go out on the Glacier but it was so neat just to see it and how HUGE it is! And the rate of how fast it is shrinking is unreal! They had markers all along the hike up to it. Its slowly disappearing........
Another "postcard" moment! We stopped at this Lake and I thought this would be a pretty shot! It turned out to be 1 of my favorites!
We wanted to go into Jasper and see what it was all about and boy did we!!!!! Its for the rich and famous and we are NEITHER!!!!
We went into their main Lodge and looked around. It was SO elegant and just beautiful! I took this picture looking out the window! We seen autographed pictures from Queen Elizabeth and Prince Albert! They go on "hoilday" here sometimes! Oh YA! -- Well so do these "Wild Hogs"!!! :)
The next day we went into Banff National Park! This is Lake Louise and let me tell you THIS was woth the entire trip!!!!! Oh this place was a DREAM!!!! The water was such a pretty turquoise! (K, let me just say I look like a 10 ton Tilly in this picture! Ugly me, but pretty background!)
Looking up to the Glacier that feeds Lake Louise. A piece of HeAvEn!!!
This was one of those "You've got to be KIDDING me" moments! We stopped for gas and this was across the street! Look close at the sign! Weird was an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!
We heard so many stories from the locals about bear attacks! So I decided to get a picture of this as a reminder of all of them!
Back in the good old USA! "HELLO MONTANA" This guy wouldn't get off of the sign so everyone has him in our pictures! At least he was handsome!
I loved G. N. Park!!!! SOOOooo many glaciers of course but TONS of waterfalls also!
Wow! What an awesome trip! With such amazing pictures to remember it by. That does look like a little bit of heaven. WOW!!!
ReplyDeleteHOLY! I wish I coulda of went with you ! Looks so fun!
ReplyDelete